In this short article, we will answer the question “Is top-shelf tequila good for margaritas?”, and show you different ways to make margaritas using top-shelf tequila or the tequila of your preference.
Is top-shelf tequila good for margaritas?
Yes, top-shelf tequila is adequate for margaritas.
Without a doubt, the margarita is a well-known beverage that is loved all over the world. Different variations of the Mexican creation agree on one thing: its primary purpose is to enhance the flavour and smoothness of the tequila.
There are some innovative recipes for margaritas that use other fruits and other drinks in addition to tequila, salt, sugar, and citrus fruits in their creation.
Even if it’s obvious, it’s always a good idea to keep in mind that, like any alcoholic beverage, a margarita should only be sipped by adults over the age of 18.
Check out the various margarita recipes listed below to make at home and improve your get-together with pals. You can use top-shelf tequila or a different brand in any of these recipes.
Want a quick and easy Margarita recipe? This recipe will be your best friend! In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a delicious Margarita and spend more time enjoying it than preparing your drink.
- 40 ml of tequila
- 20 ml of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- zest of 1 small lemon
Method of preparation:
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the tequila, coriander, squeezed lime and ice.
- Close the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Then, in a separate container, grate the lemon to obtain the zest (taking care not to grate the white part too, which leaves a bitter taste).
- Add the zest to a little salt spread on a plate.
- Pass the lemon over the rim of a glass and tip it over the salt with the lemon zest on the plate, to adhere well.
- Finally, serve the drink in the glass and enjoy!
Classics are classics for a reason! Try the traditional version of this drink, which has been successful for almost a century and deserves a place at your party. You can use whatever cup you want or whatever is available because what matters is the content.
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 3 teaspoons sugar syrup, or to taste
- Lemon slices to decorate
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
Method of preparation:
- Put the ingredients in a pan and bring to the fire, stirring until it comes to a boil. Let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let cool and store in the fridge.
- Pour a layer of salt into a small dish. Wet the rim of the glass that you are going to serve with lemon and turn it over the plate with salt and turn the glass to make the salt stick to the rim. Add ice cubes to the glass and set aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and orange juice and 3 tablespoons of syrup. Put the lid on and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lemon.
- Use 100% tequila labelled as white, silver or Blanco.
- It is easier to squeeze lemons and oranges when they are at room temperature.
Margarita with orange liqueur
Try this classic delight! If when making the Margarita you feel that the alcohol content is too high, add a little water. Try it and see if it’s at the sweet spot, if not, repeat the process.
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp of orange liqueur
- 30 ml of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of salt
- Ice cubes
- Wet the rim of the glass with a slice of lemon.
- Pass the rim of the glass in the salt
- Combine tequila, liqueur and juice in a glass with ice.
- shake a lot
- Sift the liquid into a cup
- Serve with a slice of lemon
How about combining the Mexican flavour with one of the great Brazilian passions? Try this Margarita with beer, which will remind you of the famous caipirinha! This recipe is great to be served very cold, at places like parties or barbecues.
- 1 long-neck beer of your favourite brand
- 1 lemon
- a traditional Margherita (follow the classic or plain Margherita recipe described above)
- Cut the lemon into slices.
- Pass one of the lemon slices along the rim of the glass to wet it.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the salt.
- Place two slices of lemon in the glass along with the ice.
- Add a part of the margarita mix equal to the amount of beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon on the rim and serve.
In this short article, we answered the question “Is top-shelf tequila good for margaritas?”, and have shown you different ways to make margaritas using top-shelf tequila or the tequila of your preference.