In this short article, we will answer the question “Are anchovies on pizza good?”, we will show you how to use anchovies in your pizza with recipes, how to purchase the anchovies and will discuss the benefits of choosing this ingredient for your pizza filling.
Are anchovies on pizza good?
Yes, anchovies on pizza is a delicious match. Anchovies enhance the pizza with a strong flavour.
What are anchovies?
Anchovie is a fish with the scientific name “Pomatomus saltator”. Due to its bluish colour on the back, the anchovy is commonly known as bluefish.
Around the world, tropical oceans are home to this fish. Anchovies are fish of exceptional grade that are prized for their flavour. Simple to locate in markets, fishmongers, and fairs.
How to use anchovies for my pizza?
You can make a tomato sauce with anchovies to replace the traditional tomato sauce or put anchovies with capers, it’s delicious. Here’s how to make these two options:
Tomato sauce with anchovies:
- 2 cans of peeled tomato sauce
- 1 small onion
- 100ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 100ml of white wine
- 60 grams of anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dehydrated oregano
- 1 coffee spoon of pepper sauce
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Put it in a pan, put it on the fire and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- If necessary, adjust the texture with water or more tomato.
It will serve as a base for you to make pizzas and bruschetta.
Anchovies and capers pizza
- tall pizza base
- peeled tomato 1 pc.
- 3 anchovy fillet
- capers 1 c. of soup
- red pepper 1 pcs.
- green olive 60 g
- 150 g grated Mozzarella cheese
- oregano to taste
- fresh basil to taste
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- On a floured bench, roll out the dough with a rolling pin, giving it a rectangular shape.
- Place the dough on two trays sprinkled with flour.
- With the magic wand, crush the tomato pulp.
- Distribute four tablespoons of pulp on each pizza and spread with a spoon.
- Drain the oil from the anchovies, soak the capers in water and distribute them over the pizzas.
- Wash the pepper, cut it into slices and spread them out as well.
- Then add the sliced olives and the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
How do you pick anchovies?
If you want to buy fresh fish, you should look for these indicators:
- The flesh is resilient to finger pressure, firm, and elastic;
- bright, protruding eyes;
- The tail is firm and towards the body;
- The stomach shouldn’t be protruding;
- well-adhered scales to the skin;
- red gills with a distinct odour;
- Luminous and hydrated skin.
Why should I put anchovies on my pizza as a topping?
In addition to having a fantastic flavour, this fish is a terrific source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that support health. Check out the advantages it can provide:
- Heart-protective properties of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are found in anchovies. So consuming anchovies increases your omega-3 consumption and this is strongly associated with a reduced risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, especially events associated with atherosclerosis.
- Anchovies, in addition to being a source of important fatty acids, are also a good source of Vitamin E and minerals like selenium, which are nutrients that support skin health and, as a result, beauty.
- Enhance your bone and dental health by eating more anchovies, which are a good source of vitamin A and calcium and help to counteract bone loss. Additionally, it ensures that teeth are better protected, which keeps them robust and wholesome.
- Help with weight loss: Because they are low in calories and high in protein, anchovies are an excellent ally for individuals trying to lose weight because they improve satiety (the ability to stop consuming).
- Eye Protection: Because anchovies contain vitamin A, eating them can help prevent cataracts, macular degeneration, and other eye diseases.
In this short article, we have answered the question “Are anchovies on pizza good?”, we have shown you how to use anchovies in your pizza with recipes, how to purchase the anchovies and sowed you the benefits of choosing this ingredient for your pizza filling.